You've made the right choice, colorbond fence is economical, durable, can last for many years, and fence panels are easily replaceable. Fence can be installed to all heights, on limestone, post and panel retaining wall, concrete slab, rocky soil or loose sand.
You can choose from 14 deferent colours to match the color of your house/roof/ shed/patio etc.
Keep in mind while doing it yourself:
- DO NOT use touch up paint. Minor scratches should be left alone or the infill sheet replaced. Touch up paint will weather differently than COLORBOND steel.
- Do not use your fence as retaining wall
- prevent bore water damage
- The amount of concrete should be used as follows in perth.
Soil type Post hole depth Concrete required Rocky 30cm 20kg concrete Firm soil /clay 60cm 40kg concrete Loose sand 90cm 60kg concrete
While using retaining plinth, posts should also be strengthed as follows:
- One Plinth: 155mm High (standard Channel Posts can be used)
- Two Plinths Overlapped: 265mm High (50sq post with a 1.6mm wall thickness should be used between each Plinth Frame)
- Three Plinths Overlapped: 375mm High (A 65SQ Post with a 2.5mm wall thickness should be used between each plinth frame)
- Four Plinths Overlapped: 485mm High (A 65SQ Post with a 2.5mm wall thickness should be used between each plinth frame)
- Five Plinths Overlapped: 595mm High (A 65SQ Post with a 2.5mm wall thickness should be used between each plinth frame)